There are times in a child's life when they could use more support and guidance. During such a period it is nice to have the time to go through such a process in your own way. Some children have difficulty doing this and they get stuck, because they do not yet have the necessary experience in dealing with challenging events. If these children do not get the necessary guidance once they are stuck, their inner being could, so to speak, become dented. There is a chance that such a dent could cause permanent damage to the child’s personality. To prevent this, professional therapeutic treatment is necessary. This kind of treatment can be found through Art Therapy at Dareling.
All children develop strategies to cope with the obstacles and decisions they face. Sometimes the strategies are in harmony, they find ways to challenge themselves to play an active role in their own lives, developing new strategies as they go. But sometimes the strategies are out of balance, they may ask for help too quickly, they may cling to "safe" people who will do the work for them or they may simply quit the challenge ahead. This is a sign that the child is not in harmony with itself and its environment.
Dareling offers Art Therapy as a method of treatment for children with psychosocial difficulties. The Art Therapist makes use of different therapeutic approaches, varying from behavioral to psychoanalytical. Characteristic of an Art Therapy session is the use of expressive means as a medium, such as drawing and painting techniques, wood working, working with textiles, clay, stone and metal. The emphasis within Art Therapy is thus placed on the actions within the medium instead of exclusively on verbal therapeutic interventions.
Therapeutic goals are set in the following areas:
- Emotional Area: Coping with adversity, learning to regulate emotions and processing traumatic experiences.
- Behavioral Area: Learning to follow instructions, learning and working methodically and developing perseverance.
- Conflict Processing: Developing problem solving skills, learning to deal with rejection and learning to deal with boundaries in an adequate way.
- Self-Reinforcement: Developing one's personality, learning to relate to others and getting to know one's own strengths
- Social Functioning: Strengthening one's impulse control, learning to collaborate and developing responsibility for one's own role within a group.
The word Dareling is a portmanteau of the words Darling and Daring.
It is our aspiration to awaken in all children the inner wisdom to recognize and choose to be good to themselves, without hesitation. To fully embrace the opportunities life has to offer, without fear, without anger, without shying away from the challenge. Operating from that inner knowing when something is right!
Dareling was established to support children at the moment their healthy development runs the risk of becoming troubled. We believe that children can indicate their path to healing, from their inner wisdom. And Dareling understands the language a child speaks, from within. We work with the child, in a way that appeals to the child, within the world of the child.
Dareling's Core Values:
- Development of one's uniqueness.
- Working from the strength of the child.
- Good entrepreneurship.
- Child-centered approach.
Our mission is to improve our client's ability to adequately manage their social and emotional skills.
Happy Mama Day